Sunday, December 22, 2013

Fourth Sunday of Advent -- Love!

Oh my, and the beat goes on!

I have fallen apart in joy over the last week.  It has been a whirlwind of gaiety (as Laura Ingalls Wilder would say in These Happy Golden Years).  Last week was the final week of school and its accompanying teacher gifts, contests, field trips, piano recitals, choir concerts...plus a very  crazy busy week of work as seemingly the whole world was preparing to take this week off (sauf pauvre moi).  We have seen some great live performances, had many delicious meals (out and in), tried to clean and do laundry...

Oh I know - the list is the same with so many of you.  Except you few who had it all done before Thanksgiving. I long for that. 

So I find it fitting that the last Advent candle represents love.  Indeed! That's what it is all about -- this frenzy of family, friends and frivolity.  I was reminded powerfully that it is the relationships that we celebrate at this time of the year.  For some of us that includes our "higher power." 

And it's funny, no matter how many Advent stories I read, blogs I write, tips I give - I always struggle with that.  People, not presents.  Resting not racing. 

None the less, I have just a couple of other "small things" for this year's Advent blog, so I do hope you'll come around and enjoy. 

May you feel love in these last days of the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment