If you, like me, need a little extra "umph!" on Mondays, you may enjoy tuning into the blog for music each Monday. Certain music draws me in, and I find myself right inside of the tune, looking around like I am in a cathedral. It's a great experience of presence. Also, if I can listen to some of my favorite and most inspiring songs on a grumpy or tiring morning, my approach to the day is more positive and hopeful.
So, I give to you: Music on Mondays...
Oh, how I love, loved and will always love my thrilling Michael Jackson. Please Michael, come to Minnesota.... Yes, there was a petition at some point in 1984 or 1985 and yes I signed it. I wanted to marry him.
So, beyond the fact that I was 12 - 18 years old and his biggest fan (along with Amy Dietz) during the height of his fame and his soar to stature as the "King of Pop," I have always truly admired the artist. Yes, he had problems and weirdness and well, let's just not go there. His vocal blends, his crazy sounds, clicks, tee-hees, etc. were pretty cool and made his music the first of its kind.
I think it is entirely amazing what Patax, a jazz fusion ensemble, has done with his classic hits. I love it. I really believe he would, too, if he were still here.
When routines and habits get changed up, you see new things despite being slightly discombobulated. This version of MJJ's music brings me back to the moment, to the music, and why I loved it in the first place.
Settle in and enjoy Patax's flamenco version of Billie Jean.
No comments:
Post a Comment