“The very least you can do in your life is figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live inside that hope. Not admire it from a distance but live right in it, under its roof.”
― Barbara Kingsolver, Animal Dreams
What do I hope for? What a powerful question to ponder. It seems to that living "right under the roof of hope" is a choice. I often find cynicism the easier route. It's easier for me to complain, disdain and cast off a person, place or concept than to figure it out - to choose hope, to find the best. I like Kingsolver's quote above because it makes the concept of hope active - it makes it a verb, a living thing...not just something out there to look at. A choice to make. A way to live. A way to love.

No comments:
Post a Comment