Monday, December 7, 2015

Try this Documentary: Tiny



While in search of a new bed for Alice last year, I found myself in IKEA. I braced myself for all that is wrong about that place - the forced pathways, the "just right"'pricing that adds "needed" items to my huge IKEA bag in a
Target-like way...

But then there I was in a special display. They created a small efficiently apartment right there in the middle of the store. Everything you needed was there, all in one, small neatly designed room. 

I sat on the guest chair and there I stayed. Alice wandered back a few times "Are you done yet?!" It was hard to leave - I wanted to move in.

This minimalism movement, this tiny house movement - it all sparks something in me - longing? When I clear things out I feel some peace.

Here is a documentary that I really enjoyed about one couple's desire to live tiny. There is a lot out there now about the small movement; this was one of the first I watched.


No comments:

Post a Comment