...or welcome, as the case may be.
Our glorious, lengthy Minnesota fall is coming to an end. Last night as I walked to the corner market, the crisp air and the smell of raked up leaves flipped my internal switch: I am officially looking towards the big, bad season of white.
But it also means it is time to start thinking about the annual blog! This will be my fourth year curating a blog during the combined season of "year end" and (for me), Advent. I was raised Catholic and Advent held a special place for me growing up...it was all part of the great anticipation of school vacation and Christmas time. But as time passed, this season has now become a time for reflection and sacred preparation for the year ahead. The rituals of Advent also slow me down and calm me a bit in the busyness of the end of year doings, celebrations, and rituals. As I sit here on October 28th, I have visions of a well-planned, reflective holiday season -- I am sitting on the couch with mulled cider, carols softly playing, a glowing tree, work complete...ha! More likely I will be questioning my own existence as I surf through amazon.com at midnight on December 22 hoping everything will arrive on time.
This year, the theme of the blog is presence. How do we stay present to the moment each and every day, especially if we are prone to worry, anxiety and fear? How do we work through the "I can't wait!!" factor?
I would love to hear your reflections and thoughts on this. This year I am inviting a handful of guests and I have been keeping my eye out all year long for good additions to the blog. As always, I will shoot for publishing every day during Advent (November 30 - December 24), but I may miss some days along the way.
Send me a note if you want to participate! I would love to include your thoughts and reflections: amy.brenengen@gmail.com
See you back here on Sunday, November 30th!
No comments:
Post a Comment