Oh! Two candles lit today on the Advent wreath. It's our pageant and Advent party at church, and the week ahead is filled with other small delights.
Thank you for reading this week!
It has been wonderful to hear from you and know that you are enjoying the blog and/or finding it interesting. I have been collecting stories and working on it for a while, but even this week I shuffled things around to play with the flow of the entries together. Your thoughts and feedback have been helpful.
The coming week will include some entries from people I virtually know via their blogs,as well as some from some other friends. This is also the week of "Little Christmas" a lesser known part of the holiday season. From what I can tell not everyone put their shoes out the way we did growing up (a teaser to keep you reading this week...).
Last week I began by talking about my visit to Starbucks and the quote about "the wait is over!" This week, I was in Dunn Brothers and look at what was posted on the wall this time:
What is Hope?
Hope is believing
In spite of the evidence
And then
watching the evidence change.*
Being engaged in Advent and the blog opens my eyes to more subtle, yet present, gifts of this time of waiting. I find that behind the glitz and numbing effect of "too much," there is a lot of real. I hope the same for you.
Warm and loving thanks to Dan, Pep,and Meghan for sharing their stories this past week.
Thank you everyone for reading along and have a joyous week.
~Amy
*(from Jim Wallis of Sojourners)
No comments:
Post a Comment