Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Fourth Sunday of Advent

I am always astonished on this day of the fourth Advent candle.  Where did the time go? 

This year, the fourth candle will be lit for a full week.  Often it's just a few days.  But this has been a long Advent season.  Growing up my heart would be lurching thinking "a whole week?!"   And I am sure that I, like my own children right now, continually referenced the Advent calendar to count the days left until Christmas.

I hope you could find some joy last week.  I am so grateful to Anna & Val for sharing their stories of waiting this past week.  And it was a wonderful moment of discovery to find the e e cummings poem and some of my older posts that seem to synchronize with the time of waiting.

I am hoping this fourth and final week of the blog will be as special for you as it is for me.  I have saved up some of my favorite treasures for this final week. It's also the week of Winter Solstice and Hannukah.  We have family celebrations lined up this week and I am also looking forward to the long weekend of Christmas.

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy reading the week ahead as much as I have enjoyed putting it together!

Happy Fourth Week of Advent.

Love,

Amy





No comments:

Post a Comment